turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Keep getting asked to fix my Alternative Fuel Vehicle Refueling Property Credit

I fit the qualifications for the credit and I checked the census bureaus to ensure my property was on a qualified tract, and according to the 2015 CDFI census map, it is on a qualified tract.  However, whenever I go to filing or e-file Turbo Tax keeps saying to fix form 8911 line "Total cost of qualified alternative fuel vehicle refueling property placed in service during the tax year".

The Turbo Tax UI shows "Form 8911: Total cost the IRS made updates to Form 8911 Alternative Fuel Vehicle Refueling Property Credit.  Turbo Tax is planning to make updates around this by 2/21/2024.  Please check back then to ensure you are eligible to receive this credit.

I have double and triple checked the current IRS guidelines (link below), which was revised January 2024, and should be up to date.  I used their tools on that instructions page to check my census tract.  What am I waiting for until 2/21/24??
https://www.irs.gov/instructions/i8911#en_US_202312_publink1000108191

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

TurboTax is aware of issues with the Energy Credit and is working with Developers to resolve the issues.  The IRS made updates to Form 8911 Alternative Fuel Vehicle Refueling Property Credit. TurboTax is planning to make updates around this by 03/02/2024. Please check back then to be sure you are eligible to receive this credit.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

5 Replies
MonikaK1
Expert Alumni

This is still the current guidance from TurboTax:

The IRS made updates to Form 8911 Alternative Fuel Vehicle Refueling Property Credit. TurboTax is planning to make additional updates around this by February 21, 2024. Please check back then to ensure you are eligible to receive this credit.

Whenever IRS or a state makes changes to a form, the software providers need to do additional programming in order for the form to work properly inside the program.

It's Feb 27th and this STILL is not working.

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

TurboTax is aware of issues with the Energy Credit and is working with Developers to resolve the issues.  The IRS made updates to Form 8911 Alternative Fuel Vehicle Refueling Property Credit. TurboTax is planning to make updates around this by 03/02/2024. Please check back then to be sure you are eligible to receive this credit.

It is working now and I was able to complete filing today.  Thank you for sharing the progress updates from internal processes. You guys still make it the easiest to do this on my own and fixing bugs or making updates relatively fast.

I am still getting zero credit for Energy-Efficient Vehicle Charging Station. Is this form fixed now?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies