robinp

K-1 Box 8c, 9, and 15

Have amount in box 8c (unrecaptured 1250 gain) and amount in 9 (net section 1231 gain).  When I get to the entry part for K-1, the program asks me to enter the dollar amount from box 15, code b attributable to the 1250 gain and the 1231 gain, but only one number is in box 15, code b.  Should I enter this number (box 15, code b) as adjustments for both the 1231 and 1250 gain? Or should it be split up, and if so, how do I determine the amount attributable to each gain (the 1250 and 1231 gains)? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

K-1 Box 8c, 9, and 15

you don't need that info

8c is unrecaptured 1250 gain which is included in the 1231 gain on line 9.  don't worry you're not doubling up

the 1250 gain will be tax at one rate while the remainder (1231 gain less 1250 recap) gets in effect tax at a different rate

15b is the adjustment to the gain or loss (line9)  for alternative minimum tax purposes.  there is no adjustment for 8c

so just enter everything as shown in part III and you'll be fine.   

Anonymous
Not applicable

K-1 Box 8c, 9, and 15

you don't need that info