turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

cora1913

Anyone get this status message from their NY return this year or get it last year and recall what happened? "we received...may require..longer then fed..

I efiled on 1/28, fed and state got accepted and got the same message as you all for nys return, I got paranoid something was wrong with my return, now that I'm reading all this I have hope there isn't.  This is bullcrap, they sure take our taxes out of our pay fast enough but every year take their sweet time refunding us.  It gets postponed later and later as each year goes by. Now I am not going to be able to pay on my property taxes on time. The federal return is bullcrap too, obviously us people with kids and EIC depend on that money.  I am not a happy camper...
mschonx3

Anyone get this status message from their NY return this year or get it last year and recall what happened? "we received...may require..longer then fed..

Still no change on state or federal.   State still says may require further review and federal still says check back mid to late February. Going to call state today considering I’m still waiting on LAST years return because I entered my dependents SSN wrong, corrected it, faxed info 6 months ago and then was told a few weeks ago they never received it (ya right) so going to call back today to see if they have in fact received it this time.

I spoke with someone from NYS  Department of TAX and Finance . She told me the hold up is because of the EIC or the ACTC. The Federal would start issuing refunds around the 27th of February. Soon after the state would release most of them. If you didn't file a EIC or a ACTC you should receive your refund first. Those who didn't file for those credits would received as 14 to 21 days from filing.

Everyone check your status i check mines it says my state will be deposited 2/15

Mine still says the same

this is really annoying like how does federal hold it this long???  

and i went from received bar to no bars "your tax return is still being processed. A REFUND DATE WILL BE PROVIDED WHEN AVAILABLE."  

TAX TOPIC 152 ....

WHAT is going on>?????????????

Same thing. This is bureaucratic hell!!

Still no state
taxmonst

Filed on 5th still no state

Still on further review, never went to processing since 1/24 for state!!!

Last year I waited until July for my NY State refund because of an error where a box was auto filled by ADP and the box should have remained empty.  I had to send in copies of my W2's for that mistake.  ADP put a 0 instead of leaving it blank.  Unbelievable.  The return amount even remained the same.  Any little detail or reason they can hold it up (sorry) and this is not the first year for me.

This year I didn't use the auto W2 feature so fingers crossed it was right but I am getting the "We have received your return and it is being processed. No further information is available at this time." but I just filed on the 13th of February.  I got my Federal refund on the 22nd of February (so quick yay!) so i will keep ya'll updated and see how this plays out this year.

Still nothing i just dont understand
taxmonst

Just got ddd of march 15th for my state it was not there earlier then I got email to check it and yes it finally updated with a date
PV2
Level 2

Hi

I am seeing this status now in 2020. Please can you tell me what happened last year after you saw the "further review" status

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies