turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Okay so my husband use the self employed to file and neither one of us is self employed it wont let us downgrade so my question is will it hurt us or should we be okay.

when you select how you want to file he selected self employed and neither of us are self employed. it wont let me downgrade. He just didn't read before selecting. I am just trying to figure out if it will hurt us or if we would be okay 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Okay so my husband use the self employed to file and neither one of us is self employed it wont let us downgrade so my question is will it hurt us or should we be okay.

It will not make the income taxes on the return be higher than if you used a lower version of TurboTax, so you will be Okay.

When you start next year, TurboTax will say immediately you are in "Self-Employed" and then will ask if you want to continue in this product and you need to answer "No" to this.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

It will not make the income taxes on the return be higher than if you used a lower version of TurboTax, so you will be Okay.

When you start next year, TurboTax will say immediately you are in "Self-Employed" and then will ask if you want to continue in this product and you need to answer "No" to this.

Thank you
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies