turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How long does it take for the IRS to finalize our forms after submitting payment?

We're at the final  steps of filing for our taxes. The first step went through, but the last two options aren't available to highlight so we can continue. We've already paid for using turbo tax.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

How long does it take for the IRS to finalize our forms after submitting payment?

Your particular tax file may contain some forms that haven't been finished on the software side (not your entries).
As such, those files cannot be submitted until the IRS (and the state too) have approved the exact  forms your particular file needs.

Some few Fed forms may not be ready until ~26 January.......
<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1908854-irs-forms-availability-for-turbotax-online-and-cd-download...>.

Some state forms (RI) aren't ready until 3 Feb....but i haven't check the other states:
<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1908857-forms-availability-table-for-turbotax-state-except-busines...>
____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

it took my returns 24 to 72 hours when i file last year, but i do know some one that it took a week.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies