Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I cannot get a form 1099S to come up for the sale of a second home All my information keeps going to a 1099B worksheet even though I need to report a 1099S

I keep saying I didn't get a 1099B and checking the box for a sale of a second home.  I don't know what to do any more and am very  frustrated.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
IsabellaG
Expert Alumni

I cannot get a form 1099S to come up for the sale of a second home All my information keeps going to a 1099B worksheet even though I need to report a 1099S

It's called a 1099-B Worksheet, but it's used for all Investment sales in TurboTax. Note that line 2 of the worksheet has a check if you didn't receive a 1099-B.

You don't enter your 1099S directly into TurboTax; you enter the information from it to calculate your gain or loss. The calculation will go to the Form 1099-B Worksheet, then transferred to Schedule D and Form 8949. The "1099-B Worksheet" isn't a form that is filed with your tax return. It's a calculation worksheet for your records.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

9 Replies
IsabellaG
Expert Alumni

It's called a 1099-B Worksheet, but it's used for all Investment sales in TurboTax. Note that line 2 of the worksheet has a check if you didn't receive a 1099-B.

You don't enter your 1099S directly into TurboTax; you enter the information from it to calculate your gain or loss. The calculation will go to the Form 1099-B Worksheet, then transferred to Schedule D and Form 8949. The "1099-B Worksheet" isn't a form that is filed with your tax return. It's a calculation worksheet for your records.

That explains it very well.  Thank you very much.
IsabellaG
Expert Alumni

Glad I could help!
Anonymous
Not applicable

So now it's 2020 taxes, I purchased TT 2020 Deluxe from 3rd party.  I also have a 1099-S (sale of real estate, inherited). I found these directions on your help site.  This works very well and easy on the "on-line" version which requires TT Premiere as I completed online, easy 100% correctly.  BUT the CD/Download version is different, after upgrading to Premiere, it's still the same crap with 1099-B, nothing like the on-line version the 100% correct, 100% accurate.  WHY is the CD/Download and online versions even different?  Very deceiving.

Here's what I'm looking for:

1.  a "service code" to finish the online federal taxes (not paying another $70, sorry).
  2.  or at least my $30 refunded for Premiere upgrade, as I could do this less than accurate way with Deluxe.
AshleyLO
Intuit Alumni

@Anonymous So that we can best assist you, please reach out to our live representatives for help with this: Contact TurboTax 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@AshleyLO Sorry, I'm not calling a "Salesforce.com flunky" again. It took her getting help and me 20min on hold to have her send me this link.  She was more worried that i was trying to scam her, than help me. this is why i linked receipts.

I've been though both ways of doing this and really doing need any help completing my task.  I feel there are two ways to do this, the 100% correct way, and the half baked way.  I feel like i overpaid to do lame way. 

WHY is the CD/Download and online versions even different?  Very deceiving.

1.  a "service code" to finish the online federal taxes (not paying another $70, sorry).
  2.  or at least my $30 refunded for Premiere upgrade, as I could do this less than accurate way with Deluxe.
JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

We do not have access to your personal account as this is an online forum.

The only way to assist you is to have you contact us so an agent can look up your information and assist you accordingly.

Please use the link below to contact us.  You will able to select the CD software option when making your request.

Contact TurboTax

Anonymous
Not applicable

SORRY, i don't have a hour and a half to kill today. my email is my name, all one word, at gmail.  that will also be linked to my account. Once again, i'm not looking for help doing my taxes.  

I feel there are two ways to do this, the 100% correct way, and the half baked way.  I feel like i overpaid to do lame way. WHY is the CD/Download and online versions even different?  Very deceiving.

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

We do not have access to your personal information here in Community. Therefore, we cannot fulfill those requests here. Please follow the instructions in this TurboTax FAQ to contact Customer Support: What is the TurboTax phone number?

@Anonymous 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies