Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

It is not letting me link my Robinhood account I'm guessing due to too many transactions. I definitely don't have the time to manually input all of them. What can I do?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

It is not letting me link my Robinhood account I'm guessing due to too many transactions. I definitely don't have the time to manually input all of them. What can I do?

You can use summary transaction reporting instead (but warning - you may have to mail your brokerage statements to the IRS if you use this method of reporting).

Either use the search function and search for "1099B" or go to Federal Taxes -> Select Wages and Income -> Investment Income ->  Stocks, Mutual Funds, Bonds and Others -> Enter your brokerage information and choose to enter your sales -> One of the options will say Tell us about your [Sale] and choose option for "I'll enter a summary for each sales category."  

Make sure you read the learn more link as it contains important information.  Depending on the type of sales you have, you may be able to report a summary without sending the documents.  Or, you may need to use Form 8453 and send statements.  TurboTax will inform you of which after you enter your sales details.

I have added a screenshot of the screen that shows the option to enter summary sales to the answer above.

Here is an article with further details on entering -

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/4926553

Here is a link to an answer that contains more detail about situations when you may need to mail your brokerage statements and how to handle that - 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/6188799

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies