Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

B14

How stop Intuit from collecting private data?

Installing TurboTax 2017 I too quickly clicked through the first or second screen and saw flash by a checkmark on my agreeing to send Intuit some sort of data. I DO NOT AGREE but can find NO way in the program or the account or anywhere else to change that option. There was no way to back up. I even deleted the download and redid it and it now starts with the screen asking me to register. I refuse to register until/unless I can cancel that send data to Intuit option. How???

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

It is a bit different on a Mac.  Top menu bar -> TurboTax -> About TurboTax -> License Agreement - Check box.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

View solution in original post

2 Replies

It is a bit different on a Mac.  Top menu bar -> TurboTax -> About TurboTax -> License Agreement - Check box.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

Actually, from out previous tests, even if you check that box during the installation (or uncheck it, whatever the case may be), it seems that does NOT register in the program, and it still collects your private data anyways.

Anyways, in answer to your question, if you go to the "Help" menu, then to "About ...", then choose the "Privacy Info" tab, you can uncheck the box.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies