estherkoch

Is turbotaxinsider.net a valid reseller of Turbo Tax products?

No it is not.

taxslave

if it is not legit, why didn't intuit shut it down through legal process?

or how can the site get license key for each copy they sells?

These sites pop up for a few days and shut down and change names ... they don't stay up long enough to take legal action ... it is like a game of whack-a-mole.  This year you need a license code to access a valid program ... this is how they are combatting the scammers.  If you used a credit card to pay for the program then contest the charge.  And remember if the price is too good to be true it probably is a scam.  

oneillsrmtnc

I just downloaded the Deluxe + State software and paid via PayPal. No issues, up and running now.

goodrat2

I bought there too and up and running Premiere version.

tbonanno16

I downloaded and paid via Paypal- my confirmation email included a license key that activated my copy. Hopefully I will get my refund...

sidjain78

I purchased TurboTax Premier Desktop download from TurboTax Insider. It launched fine, installed all the updates, allowed me to prepare the return. Seemed legit. However, after February 12 update, the program started crashing on launch.

It is not clear if that is due to the genuineness of the TurboTax copy or a bug in TurboTax. This website sold for $40 as opposed to $70 on Amazon. Since we do not always purchase from TurboTax directly but through Amazon, how to know who is genuine or not and whether TurboTax will back up their product from a specific seller or not?

Contact TurboTax support and speak directly with a TurboTax support agent concerning this situation.

See this TurboTax support FAQ for a contact link and hours of operation -https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899263-what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number

sidjain78

Already did - spoke with customer service twice, connected with two support reps on Twitter. Got a new download generated which is also crashing on launch. So, this confirms that the issue I am experiencing is not due to where I purchased the software from.

sidjain78

Btw, the new updates issues 1-2 days ago fixed the TT desktop crash upon launch.

emiller2425

Hello,

Do you have any update to the download you did from TurbotaxInsider?  I was curious if anyone has gotten their refund from using the software?...or if any other issues have arisen?

Any input would be appreciated.

Best regards,

LeonardS

This link Where can I obtain authentic TurboTax software? has a list of authorized TurboTax resellers.