Is there any way to turn off the refund counter in...

marciw

Is there any way to turn off the refund counter in the top left corner?

Is there any way to turn off the refund counter in the top left corner? I find it really distracting and it gets my hopes up and then depresses me. :(

Try covering that part of your monitor with a sticky note or Smiley Face sticker.

marciw

Uh, yeah, of course I can cover that spot on the screen. 🙄

I am asking whether the software has an option to hide the counter. I’m hoping someone from Intuit might know of a hidden setting.

No there is not a way to turn off the refund monitor.   The low tech sticky note will work if you are distracted by it---you just have to remember as you go that the refund monitor changes as data is entered and you cannot take the "refund"  -- or "tax due"  --   you see seriously until ALL of your data has been entered.

marciw

Yeah, I realize it doesn’t mean anything until I’ve entered all of my data — that’s why I want to turn it off. It’s a useless anxiety-making feature. Maybe Intuit doesn’t do much UX research.

Not looking for “low-tech” solutions. I’d bet there’s a commmand-line or debugging setting somewhere.