Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Is there a way i can begin adding my 2030 unreimbursed business expenses into turbo tax so i dont have to deal with it next year? Like an expense app where i can upload my receipt and add to the appr

I mean 2020 tax year not 2030
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

Is there a way i can begin adding my 2030 unreimbursed business expenses into turbo tax so i dont have to deal with it next year? Like an expense app where i can upload my receipt and add to the appr

Sorry, Deductions for job expenses have been suspended with the new tax act.  See Deductions that have been suspended for 2018-2025

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/4482873-which-federal-tax-deductions-have-been-suspended-by-tax-re...

Perhaps my question wasn't worded properly.  My question is, because I work from home so frequently (especially this year) and my expenses for working remote are not reimbursed,  it would be great if Intuit made a product where i could upload my monthly expenses, today and as they occur, so that when i do my taxes next year I don't have to scramble looking for bills, ebills and electronic and paper receipts.  This is a feature request, not a how to. 

Again ... employee business expenses are NOT deductible even if you track them.  And TT is an income tax program  and you are describing an accounting/bookkeeping program which is what you need.   Try setting up a simple excel spreadsheet to keep track of the expenses  IF  your state allows the deduction. 

If you are self employed then you could try the  QuickBooks Self Employment bundle which includes one Turbo Tax Self Employed return and will help you keep up in your bookkeeping all year along with calculating the estimated payments needed ....
http://quickbooks.intuit.com/self-employed

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies