kclxss

Is there a fix for 1099-nec not linking to schedule C? The instructions I found on turbotax do not work.

Delete the 1099 form from where you entered it and then go to the schedule C entry screens and enter the income there. This automatically links it to the schedule see.

kclxss

Thanks. That is what I have done several times. It isn't working. I was just wondering if anyone else had tried something different that worked. 

@kclxss wrote:

If you received a 1099-NEC that's related to self-employed income, you'll need to enter that info under 'Self-Employment' in the Income section

You do have the option in the schedule C section to enter the income in the other income section and skip entering it as a 1099 NEC all together. The IRS gets one total of income on the schedule C so how it’s entered in the TurboTax program is irrelevant.

kclxss

DoninGA, Yes, that's what I've been doing.

kclxss

Critter-3, Yes, I might do that since I do not want to start all over on another service. 

@kclxss wrote:

That's odd.  I just entered income on a 1099-NEC in the Self-employment Common Income section and it flowed directly to the Schedule C.  Also, entered Other self-employed income as Cash and it also flowed directly to the Schedule C.