lbaushke27

Is the 8915E form ready yet. do i need to update turbo tax to get it?

DawnC

No, it is not ready yet.  You can use the link below to sign up and be notified when it is available.  If you took a distribution from a retirement account due to coronavirus related issues, you will be able to waive the penalty and spread the ordinary tax over tax years 2020-2022.  However, the forms have not been finalized by the IRS yet, so TurboTax has not been updated.  Once the forms are final (no date determined by IRS yet), you will see the options to apply the tax relief provisions on Form 8915-E. 

At this point and time, Form 8915-E (Qualified 2020 Disaster Retirement Plan Distributions and Repayments (Use for Coronavirus-Related Distributions)) is not finalized.  We currently do not have an estimated date when the form is ready.

Please sign-up here and we will email you once the form is live.

twentytwentyhindsight

IRS form 8915-E is now available (Feb. 23,2021). When will Turbo Tax make it available for use in completing my taxes?

PattiF

The form is expected to be available on February 25, 2021. IRS Forms Availability

twentytwentyhindsight

Wrote too soon...8915-C & 8915-D are still in draft state. However,  they apply only to 2018 & 2019 disaster distributions. Since I wasn't affected by those disasters, wonder if 8915-E is all I need to complete my taxes. Any one out there have answers?

twentytwentyhindsight

Thank you for the update and link.

mikeegator

I just updated my desktop version.  There is still no form 8915-E nor do I get asked if my 401k withdrawal was COVID related.  Please help.

@mikeegator wrote:

The TurboTax desktop editions include the Form 8915-E with a software update on 02/26/2021.

Delete the Form 1099-R and re-enter manually.  The Covid-19 questions are asked after the 1099-R is entered.

Dorian613

I clicked on the link and it isn't bringing me anywhere to sign-up for the 8915E form update.

@Dorian613 wrote:

The Form 8915-E was available in the TurboTax online editions on 02/25/2021

The Form 8915-e was available as a software update for the TurboTax desktop editions on 02/26/2021

If using the desktop editions update your software.  For the TurboTax for Windows click on Online and click on Check for Updates

Delete any Form 1099-R that was entered and re-enter the form manually.  After the form has been entered answer the questions in the following screen asking if the withdrawal was because of Covid-19.