turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

dmrotek39

Is line 35a of my 1040 form supposed to match the refund I received from Federal E-File?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Is line 35a of my 1040 form supposed to match the refund I received from Federal E-File?

Yes.  Unless you were having the fees deducted from your refund.  Or if the IRS Adjusted your return.  Then they will mail you a letter.  How much is missing?

dmrotek39

Thank you for your response! There is a difference of $1224 between 1040 line 35 and my actual refund. Not sure what can be done about that. 

The IRS will mail you a letter saying why.  $1,200 could be one of the stimulus payments.  A common adjustment is if you claimed the Recovery Rebate Credit on 1040 line 30 when you already got the Stimulus payments or got the second one after you filed or reported the wrong amounts. Do you have an amount on line 30? And you had to report the right amount in each box. If you put the total in 1 box it would give you the other amount again. The IRS knows they already sent it to you. Line 30 is only if you qualify more.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies