Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

JKelleyS
Returning Member

Is it fair to deny me a $49 refund for rejected filings after I followed phone advice to resolve AGI issue? Turbotax has a bug. Case number/Support ID 1494236327.

AGI entered matched IRS 2020 transcript. "Zero" workaround recommended by phone support did not work. Still I am charged $49 for failed e-filings. Oh- but I can mail in my returns. That's supposed to be satisfactory after paying $49?
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
Ebony A
Intuit Alumni

Is it fair to deny me a $49 refund for rejected filings after I followed phone advice to resolve AGI issue? Turbotax has a bug. Case number/Support ID 1494236327.

You mentioned that the customer support representative over the phone advised to enter a zero; please review this FAQ which provides further details on this and other tips. I am also including a resource to assist in fixing a rejected return.

JKelleyS
Returning Member

The AGI I used matches the 2020 AGI on the IRS transcript, yet it was rejected.

Using the recommended "zero" workaround resulted in another rejection.

On one additional fruitless attempt, I was prompted to enter my spouse's 2020 AGI. The TurboTax phone advisor was as flummoxed as I, since we have been filing jointly for 27 years.

I paid for e-filing and Turbotax software, despite the efforts of TurboTax phone advisors on multiple calls, failed to give me what I paid for.

Are you using the Online version or the Desktop CD/Download program?  In the Online version the fees are to prepare the return whether you efile OR print and mail.  Efiling is free and included.  Yes you have to put in zero for both you and your spouse.  0 has been working for most people since the IRS took a long time to process returns last year.  Especially mailed returns.  

If zero does not work, then you can say that you did not file last year and the return will transmit without asking for a asking for an AGI.  There is no charge for e-filing online, so nothing to be refuned.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies