Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

IRS2Go Refund Status Error

My problem still hasn’t been fixed 

Karlyn23

I filed my taxes January 31, 2021 by mail because I never got around to set up a bank account ... I am currently still waiting for them to come in the mail . I’ve also heard about the $1,400 being sent out and I was wondering if I could get it direct deposit instead of getting it mailed too ! I’m worried None of my money will come through And I feel as I deserve it ... well I know I do because I know people that don’t even work and they already have it and I don’t 

JeanneLO
Intuit Alumni

Have you checked on Where’s My Refund? it has the most up to date information available about your refund. The tool is updated daily (usually overnight) so you will just usually need to check once a day for progress.

If you are unable to get a status on WMR try calling the WMR automated hotline 1-800-829-1954 instead.

You can check your stimulus status here: Get My Payment

Per the IRS you won't be able to add/update bank account information for the third stimulus payment. Please see this FAQ from The IRS: Update Bank Account

@Karlyn23

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Everything is fine. It only lasted for a couple of days. Then my refund was deposited even though it said “still in progress”. All is good!

DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

It happened to me too. There seems to be a disconnect in the information sharing in the IRS database. As is well though.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Just wanted to give an update, as I know how concerning the situation was for me, and I see many people are in the same situation: mine return on IRS2GO finally started showing status as “received” today. That is 20 days after it was indicated as “accepted” by TurboTax. It was submitted through TurboTax on March 9 and, according to TurboTax was accepted by IRS the same day. IRS “where is my refund”, however, was saying I introduced incorrect information when I tried to check, IRS2GO application was saying “refund status error”, and phone line also did not have any information all the time until today (March 29)—20 days after TurboTax said it was accepted by IRS. Looks like the IRS web site is just lagging compared to TurboTax. 

I’m experiencing the exact same thing. Filed around 2/12 and now it is 4/3 and still receiving the same error message. What is going on TT? 

Bookie617

Has anyone received their refund after getting this message?

I haven't. 

shaferj
Returning Member

I am getting the same. Refund Status Error. I ended up mailing mine in this year because I am in Arizona for the winter and couldn’t remember my AGI from 2019. So that made me frustrated. So maybe they just haven’t processed them yet? But I see lots of people are getting this message

SamS1
Expert Alumni

Since you mailed your return, you can count on at least 6-8 weeks before you will see anything on "Where's my refund".  To get your previous year's AGI, I would recommend getting a free transcript of your 2019 return through IRS.gov.   Click here to access your tax return information

Could be number of reasons for refund delays, especially this year. Generally it is due to dependent verification, refund offset, or information mismatch. 

Did you have unemployment benefits. So to not have to process thousands of amended returns, if you had unemployment benefits the IRS could be holding your return for processing once their systems are updated for the American Rescue Plan Act that excludes the first $10,200 of unemployment benefits if your adjusted gross income is less than $150,000.   

If you have earned income credit and/or additional child tax credit, it is probably delayed. Returns with either of these credits are covered under the PATH act, which gives the IRS authority to delay the refund to verify dependent information on your return. For 2020, the IRS was not issuing refunds for these returns until the 1st week of March. 

Do you have any refund offsets such as back taxes, student loans, child support, state obligations (Court costs), etc. This could delay your refund and you will receive a letter indicating the change.

If you answered the stimulus questions incorrectly, this will delay your refund. If you claimed the Recovery Rebate credit on your return, the IRS is matching stimulus payments to returns with the Recovery Rebate credit. If there is a mismatch, you will be receiving a letter.

Keep checking IRS.gov "Where's my Refund" for the most up to date information.

Check here also for more information on refund delays.

shaferj
Returning Member

Well I never got my $600 stimulus so I used the credit. I’m guessing they just have not processed my return yet. Next year I will be sure to be ready to do it by email. I have not mailed a return for years. I changed my filing status as widow this year. Maybe that’s the delay. Otherwise I answered everything correct. I did not receive unemployment. I’m retired

KAYDEE90

Mine says error on the site and the app but a week or so ago it said I should get my refund today. Still nothing. I filed on 4/21

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies