Solved: IRS Claims my former employer didn't report my wages but I have my W2 and I spoke with my previous employer who says she sent everything in. I never had an issue before.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 15

IRS Claims my former employer didn't report my wages but I have my W2 and I spoke with my previous employer who says she sent everything in. I never had an issue before.

respond to the notice with a letter saying here is a copy of the w-2 i got from my employer    xxxx   ein xx-xxxxxxx

can't say whether that they filed with Social Security.  you need to investigate them. 

enclose a copy of the w-2. 

mail ASAP since there is a time limit for responding. use a service where you get proof of mailing and delivery. 

Highlighted

IRS Claims my former employer didn't report my wages but I have my W2 and I spoke with my previous employer who says she sent everything in. I never had an issue before.

Hello resident if NY and I also am experiencing the same exact situation with my employer. I don't know what to do I am about ready to give up. They told me the job had to send stuff they say they did but who knows if they really did or not. Now what do I do next? Do I resend my papers again to them for the 2nd time? I'm really upset and running out of time I think I have until tomorrow to figure it out?? Idk but what I do know is that I'm behind on all my bills from all this craziness we all been goin thro and I really need that money .. can someone please please point me in the right direction? I'm 30 with 2 kids And no job due to the corona virus.. so I need that $$ bad.. I was really relying on my taxes to get back on track with life, bills, etc.

Any info would be seriously gratefully appreciated!

Thank you

@catszx2 @chestnut99205 @HACKITOFF @sahurej @Carl 

Highlighted

Hey how are you hope you got this resolved . Mine ended up everything was ok but they were having trouble verifying my identity of all things  employer did send everything fine you cannot resend any forms or you will end up submitting tax return twice and be in big trouble if you do  they will audit  you and worse things  mine took 7 months till I got my money due to the fact that the social security admin somehow had a typo and finally aft er r calling 6 times to speak with 6 different people I finally found my birth month was wrong in the system   instead of month 10 they had same day same year but month 11 wow and it's a big deal  to update this I still haven't been able to get it fixed they want your original paper copy of birth certificate no duplicates  or copies and they wanted me to send my actual driver license to them by mail I said heck no what if I get pulled over   and what if they lose my license in the mail and my birth certificate  I only have my certified copy they won't take that  which is so wrong anyways the IRS hwld my money with no update no matter how many times I called they told me to contact my local governor yeah that's right  to see if he could help . Called my tax rep and chewed him out and demand he recheck my tax forms he submitted yes I did not use turbo tax and it's a good thing to only cost me 50 bucks for a digital tax return  and everything was good .so the IRS said they have 3 years to send you money yes 3 years and even then you have to send an amended tax form  it's a mess .they finally sent me my money but still gave me no real reason  last year I had my money in 2 weeks .super fast this year like 6 or 7 months I was furious and it was alot of money and I was broke 🤨hope this helps there's not much you can do but wait for a letter that's really says nothing  and call everyday till you get the answer you want from the irs . Have a great day 

v
Privacy Settings