Ramos G

IP PIN

My wife don’t have a IP PIN how she can get one we are filling taxes together 

HelenC12

IP PIN

Most taxpayers don't need an an IP PIN — the IRS only issues them in select cases.

If you know you need an IP PIN to file your taxes and you lost your CP01A letter (or never received it), you can:

• Retrieve your IP PIN online at the IRS's Get an IP PIN site; or
  • Call the IRS at 1-800-908-4490 to have your IP PIN mailed to you (this can take up to 21 days)

We're unable to issue IP PINs and you won't find them on your tax paperwork. You can only get IP PINs from the IRS.

Related Information:

Source: TurboTax FAQ

Jan001

IP PIN

Hi Helen! I had tried every possible way online to get my IP PIN BUT don’t known what else to do ! I had called the IRS and I known I might not get an answer yet because of the situation now . But since I already tried options to get my number without success , what do you suggest to do ? I had moved from another state ( WA to Co) and I haven’t got anything in the mail. I had lived in 5 address in the past 7 years in Seattle. Some guidance will be appreciate it !