Intuit Turbo Tax 2018 "Home and Business" (Mac Download only) import from ItsDeductibleOnline fails when user is asked to provide the password to their keychain passwords. Choosing Allow and typing the correct keychain password doesn’t provide access to the keychain (and it’s not just a mis-named prompt because giving the password to your ItsDeductibleOnline account doesn’t work either. Two Bugs here. and accidentally FOUND A WORKAROUND
**To Intuit Support Team**
Dear Awesome Intuit Support team...
Please PLEASE fix this bug. please?
Bug1: Mac keychain authentication is broken:::
No matter what is entered at the prompt to start the import (My Mac keychain password doesn't work, My ItsDeductibleOnline account doesn't work), it never gets to the point in KeyChain of say something like do you want to use the keychain password for your account <accountID> to access ItsDeductibleOnline.
TT-HnB18: "Do you have an account with It's Deductible"
> Yes TT-HnB: (popup window) "TurboTax Home Business 2018 wants to use your confidential information stored in 'intuit ID (prdatnresHRieeTU******36-4)' in your keychain.
To allow this,enter the "login" keychain password.
Password: " > <entered my keychain password, then clicked Allow>
The pop-up immediately closes and an identical pop-up replaces it.
1. If I enter my password for It'sDeductibleOnline instead, the pop-up 'wobbles' left to right -- this is Mac's way of saying 'no you entered the wrong password' => Therefore I know I'm entering the right password
2. I don't get to the point of choosing my login username from my keychain so Mac can send my username and password to Intuit to authenticate me into my ItsDeductibleOnline account.
3. Its a bug because regardless of whether I choose [allow] and give the correct keychain password, it fails to provide access to my keychain. After providing the password, the response is always the same... the popup closes and an identical pop-up replaces it (same for Allow or Deny).
4. I couldn't find a workaround of manually exporting my data to a CSV file or other file from ItsDeductibleOnline to try to import it manually into TurboTax.
5. Also I couldn't seem to force my Mac to ignore use of the keychain and just allow me to provide a username and password combination to access ItsDeductibleOnly from within TurboTax
TurboTax bug. Note also that my It'sDeductibleOnline account password does work successfuly on the website (and using it for the keychain make the password prompt 'wobble' to indicate its a bad password.
**To Intuit Support team**
Bug2: button [Deny] may have the functionality for [Always Allow] and fails authentication. Meanwhile, Clicking [Always Allow] doesn't access the keychain and instead forces the user to enter a username and password.
This is really misleading since if Allow doesn't work, I want to instead Deny access to the keychain and force a manual (non-keychain) traditional username/password prompt. But it does same as Allow. If Allow doesn't work, I certainly wouldn't want to select Always Allow, right (since it may sink my response into my keychain for future)?!?
BUT THIS IS THE WORKAROUND... click [Always Allow]. Yes, I know it makes no sense. It seems to Deny access to your keychain instead of allowing, then you see a traditional username and password prompt... enter your username and password for ItsDeductibleOnline and you're a happy camper... Import completes!
See YouTube vid...
After 20+ years in tech support, this is one of the whackiest workarounds I've seen