turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

smartnose

Inconsistency between 1099 Div and 1099 composite?

I received both 1099 composite and standalone 1099 div from Vanguard on a joint brokerage account of my wife and me.

1099 composite is reporting a much higher dividend income than the standalone.  What's even weirder is that the standalone 1099div seems to be missing a fund (Target Retirement 2055) altogether. 

Checking into the account history, 1099 composite numbers seem to be the right one. Should I just ignore the standalone 1099 div and go with the composite? 

I am not sure if this is a mistake on Vanguard side, or I am missing some tax rules here.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Is the stand alone 1099 a corrected one?   Does it have a later date on it?  Is it for the same person and account?  I have Vanguard.  I only got one 1099 from them so far this year.  Last year there was a problem with the GNMA fund and they sent out a separate 1099 for it.   Maybe you can find out why on their website or call them.   

call them. at best we would be guessing. it is possible you have a Vanguard Brokerage a/c and a separate Vanguard Mutual fund a/c.  each would issue their own 1099.

I remember seeing an email or reading something abut Target 2055 fund.  Something was about it.  I've been searching for you and see that it was merged with another fund in September.  So that's why it's probably missing on your 1099.  You might need to enter it from the other 1099.  It will probably bug me to find out.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies