Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

i-e-hall

How many tax returns can I do with my program? If I have more do I need to purchase another set?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
ShondaH1

How many tax returns can I do with my program? If I have more do I need to purchase another set?

In TurboTax Online, you can prepare and e-file one federal and up to five associated state returns under the same log-in. You can also e-file up to five federal returns for each email address tied to a TurboTax account, but you must create a separate log-in for each return, and each return should have a unique Social Security or Tax ID number. The IRS prohibits using the same email address to e-file more than five federal returns with an online personal tax return preparation product. If you prepare tax returns for a living, consider ProSeries or Lacerte software, which are not subject to this limitation.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
ShondaH1

In TurboTax Online, you can prepare and e-file one federal and up to five associated state returns under the same log-in. You can also e-file up to five federal returns for each email address tied to a TurboTax account, but you must create a separate log-in for each return, and each return should have a unique Social Security or Tax ID number. The IRS prohibits using the same email address to e-file more than five federal returns with an online personal tax return preparation product. If you prepare tax returns for a living, consider ProSeries or Lacerte software, which are not subject to this limitation.

Anita01

You can only do one tax return in each account for the online version.  For each new return for another person, you would have to set up a new account and each return would be charged separately.

If you have multiple returns to do, the CD/Desktop version would be much better for you.  With that, you can prepare as many returns as you want, and can e-file up to 5 federal returns for free.

The Federal program for Deluxe and above comes with one free state program that can be used as many times as you want.  There is an additional fee to e-file every state return but mailing them  is free.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies