turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

sawdustrm

In Turbo Tax Deluxe 2018 where can I find the capital gains included in income? There is no line 13 in the 1040 as in 2017.

The 2-year Comparison shows a capital gain for 2018.  I cannot find it in the income list on the 1040 as it has always been in past years.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

In Turbo Tax Deluxe 2018 where can I find the capital gains included in income? There is no line 13 in the 1040 as in 2017.

In TurboTax Online, click on "Search" in the top right side of the page, and then type in "capital gains." Click on "capital gains" in the drop down that appears, and then a blue link that says "Jump to capital gains" will appear directly below the search bar. Click on that. 

sawdustrm

Thanks, Ericka.  I’m using the CD version of Deluxe on a Mac.  The Online search does not apply.

I was confused because Sched. D, Line 22 says that cap gain(loss) is reported on 1040, Line 13.  Turbo Tax's 2018 Form 1040, Line 13 has an unrelated computation.  Cap gains are dealt with in Schedule 1, Line 22 of which is passed to Line 6 of Form 1040.  I now understand how cap gains were included in AGI.

My apologies if I have confused others.   
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies