Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Imports from Charles Schwab account into Turbotax indicate success, but nothing actually imported. I recall identical issue several years ago. Is Intuit aware of this?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
JohnW152
Expert Alumni

Imports from Charles Schwab account into Turbotax indicate success, but nothing actually imported. I recall identical issue several years ago. Is Intuit aware of this?

Yes, and there are some things you can do to remedy the issue.

First, try clearing your browser's cache and deleting your cookies, then see if you can continue where you left off.  See the TurboTax Help articles How to clear your cache and How do I delete cookies? for guidance.

If this isn't helpful, see the following TurboTax Help articles for potential fixes:

Thanks John, but nothing you've suggested resolves the issue. Cookies and cache are deleted/cleared every time I exit the browser. I used Turbotax via downloaded software, not via web access. And Schwab does acknowledge 3rd party access every time I go through the steps (4 times now). As I said, identical issue happened several years ago and it took some Intuit/Schwab coordination to resolve. So I'm asking if any other Turbotax user (downloaded, not web based) is having same issue. Thank you.

did you see a screen that listed the documents that could be imported like the 1099-Int/1099-B did you check them off?  only those checked off will be imported.

Yes. I did get a pop up screen which listed all the possible tax forms for all my Schwab accounts. Only one was checked (the overall 1099), but I went ahead and clicked on all. So by rights, all possible tax files in my Schwab accounts should have been imported into TurboTax. And, I just went through all those steps again moments ago (n case any TurboTax to Schwab changes made).  No difference. TurboTax claimed all imports successful, but no data actually in my TurboTax file. And Import Summary indicates 0 item(s) have been imported.

Even after all the back and forth, the core issue was never resolved. The import of the 1099-B or any tax documents from Schwab never happened, although the pop up's suggested they were. In talking to a human yesterday (TurboTax expert Hal), he suggested entering the key data from the 1099 into my TurboTax return, as the IRS really doesn't need all the specifics of the actual stock transactions. Up side is after doing that, I believe my Schwab aspect of the return is complete. Down side is I now have to send in the specifics via snail mail with IRS form 8453: an act not required if the download were successful. I've used TurboTax (downloaded, not via online) for 20+ years and never before had an issue that Intuit could not resolve, which is disappointing.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies