turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Importing Charles Schwab Bank 1099-int's

After linking TurboTax as a third party to import tax forms, I noticed that only the brokerage accounts documents were presented as available. Schwab says that the "BANK" 1099-int's ARE available for import but for some reason TurboTax is NOT being presented with them as available or is not asking for them. Of course, I can manually download the pdf's and enter, which I will do, but am still curious why this is occurring. Also, it makes me wonder if in past years I overlooked this and need to go back and check!! Please advise if this is a known issue or not. Thanks a million.

PS Anecdotally, the said Intuit Quicken usually can and does get both brokerage and bank documents but for some reason TurboTax doesn't. Don't know if that's true but that's what they stated. Please advise.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

8 Replies
TiffanyL
Intuit Alumni

@Nomadplayer 

Have you tried using a different web browser to see if that works for you? This is a workaround that has worked for some individuals.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Results are the same using Edge or Chrome!! If it doesn't work for one of them, it doesn't work!! It connects and authorizes fine, it's just that only the brokerage side of documents are presented and not the banks!!

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

If the information is not being pulled in, you would need to manually. 

If you need assistance with this, please click here to contact us by phone. @Nomadplayer 

I have already downloaded them as I stated above and can manually enter them. I am posting here per TT support suggesting that someone might have already escalated this to ascertain WHY they are not either getting presented or pulled. Schwab says that they are ABSOLUTELY there to be imported!! It's a mystery that frankly I believe should be technically solved one way or the other. Either the FDX or OFX server isn't setup up correctly or the pulling code is not fully implemented specifically!! Either way the partner API isn't fully functional for Charles Schwab!!

aj3tobin

I've encountered the same issue.   There have to be a lot of people with both Schwab brokerage and bank accounts.  I haven't contacted TT support,  but from the responses you got,  it doesn't look like they are acknowledging that it is a bug.    I'm assuming that just posting here doesn't get it registered as an enhancement request.

smac11

I do not understand why Turbo Tax does not import the Charles Schwab documents.  You say you do and so do they.  We use this program for the convenience of the transfers with investments.  Not something I want to enter manually!  You should correct this issue.  It is not fair to your customers!!

I have multiple transactions to enter and really need the assistance of the document transfer.  Please work on this problem.

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

If you are using TurboTax Online, try importing using a different browser.

If you use the Brave browser, you have to turn off the Brave Shields.

See the following TurboTax Help articles for potential fixes:

dsesplin

I have the same issue this year. Brokerage accounts came through fine, but bank accounts were not available.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies