dterrana

Importing 2017 H&R Block PDF into Turbotax

I was following the directions provided via the TurboTax link; I never get the question asking how I filed last year; rather, it's actually presenting me with 2017 data (which I suspect is 2016 data from the last time I used TurboTax).  I never seem to get the opportunity to upload my 2017 pdf file from H&R Block.  I actually gave up trying last week and relegated myself to using their software for 2018, as well.  However, I really don't like the user interface with H&R Block and have less confidence in how they are calculating my return than I would with TurboTax.  If I can get past this issue with TurboTax, I'd be happy to come back as a loyal TurboTax customer!

DaraLO
Employee TurboTax Specialist

When you begin your tax return, you will be asked what method you used to file your 2017 return.  Select the method and use the onscreen help links and instructions to transfer your PDF.  There are a few things to keep in mind when transferring a PDF.  Take a look at the TurboTax FAQ below and click on the section titled "If you used other tax software last year."  https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3301662