Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

dterrana

Importing 2017 H&R Block PDF into Turbotax

I was following the directions provided via the TurboTax link; I never get the question asking how I filed last year; rather, it's actually presenting me with 2017 data (which I suspect is 2016 data from the last time I used TurboTax).  I never seem to get the opportunity to upload my 2017 pdf file from H&R Block.  I actually gave up trying last week and relegated myself to using their software for 2018, as well.  However, I really don't like the user interface with H&R Block and have less confidence in how they are calculating my return than I would with TurboTax.  If I can get past this issue with TurboTax, I'd be happy to come back as a loyal TurboTax customer!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
DaraLO
Intuit Alumni

Importing 2017 H&R Block PDF into Turbotax

When you begin your tax return, you will be asked what method you used to file your 2017 return.  Select the method and use the onscreen help links and instructions to transfer your PDF.  There are a few things to keep in mind when transferring a PDF.  Take a look at the TurboTax FAQ below and click on the section titled "If you used other tax software last year."  https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3301662

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies