turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Why can i not file for my unemployment taxes, i tried leaving boxs 10a-11blank, they were not on my 1099G that i received but it wont allow me to continue.

Box 10a 10b and 11, the paper received in the mail only has 4 boxes one being social security number, total payment,tax withheld, tax year?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Anita01

Why can i not file for my unemployment taxes, i tried leaving boxs 10a-11blank, they were not on my 1099G that i received but it wont allow me to continue.

States can use various types of 1099-G reporting and many do use the letters like you received so it's the official one.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Anita01

I just tried this and it worked fine.  Are you sure you did not enter the state 2-letter code in 10a, and that you did enter Box 4?  Try deleting it all and starting over.

Im honestly not sure if i even have the right form, i received a paper from Pa unemployment compensation payments Uc-1099G, the boxes that are on here are not numbered and it does state "this is not a bill do not destroy keep with tax records".
Anita01

Where did you enter the data?  You can try again by entering unemployment in the Find box, then clicking the Jump To for unemployment compensation

I just need to know if what i recieved is the actual 1099G form. It has all the payer information and total payment, tax withheld, and tax year located on it but like instated above it does not look like the 1099G forms i am seeing online.
Anita01

States can use various types of 1099-G reporting and many do use the letters like you received so it's the official one.

Thank you! I have spent hours trying to solve this issue, i also just want to make sure because I keep seeing it everywhere i received my last unemployment check almost a year ago i never received anything for overpayment does that mean i don't have any? What is overpayment?
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies