Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

sugarbear9876543
Returning Member

Im confused , your service doesnt have I am needing . I am self employed and income is tips only. What do I file under ?

Please advise.

Im confused , your service doesnt have I am needing . I am self employed and income is tips only. What do I file under ?

Well 17,000 is less than 34,000 so that qualifies.  If you go there and log into your account it should bring over your return,

sugarbear9876543
Returning Member

Please advise.

sugarbear9876543
Returning Member

Please advise.

sugarbear9876543
Returning Member

Its asking me for a form . I dont have any forms .

Please advise .

sugarbear9876543
Returning Member

Its asking for 1099 or a w2 . I do not have any forms I  am self employed and was told by one of you to use 1099 misc .

You didn't get any form?  No W2 or 1099Misc or 1099-K, etc?

Just enter it as Cash or General income.  You don't need to get a 1099Misc or 1099K.  Even if you did you can enter all your income as Cash.  Only the total goes to schedule C.

You can enter Self Employment Income into Online Deluxe or Premier but if you have any expenses you will have to upgrade to the Self Employed version.

How to enter income from Self Employment

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/self-employed/help/how-do-i-report-income-from-self-employment/00/...

sugarbear9876543
Returning Member

Hi.

Huh ? No I was told to use the turbotax free file since the income was under 30 k.

And when I click on the link next tp  1099 misc to "learn more" , it says CONTENT NOT AVAILABLE . This is driving me crazy , been trying to get this thing done for 3 days and its always something that doesn't  work.

Oh right.  You can enter it in the Free File website.  Don't know where you are stuck.  Are you over in the IRS Free File website or just in the Turbo Tax Free Edition?

In order to use the Free File program, you have to start it at a special website.  Try signing in at the top right.

https://freefile.intuit.com/

How to switch to the Free File website

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/downgrading/help/how-do-i-switch-to-turbotax-free-file-program/01/...

sugarbear9876543
Returning Member

There is nothing that says cash next to the 1099 misc  

sugarbear9876543
Returning Member

Im in Turbo Tax free file .

sugarbear9876543
Returning Member

And all it keeps asking for is  forms , its rediculous.

sugarbear9876543
Returning Member

Please advise.

sugarbear9876543
Returning Member

Please advise  . I have not been able to simply  find  1099 misc and click clash or type in cash , there are half a dozen boxes that makes no sense/ I have no number or w2 or 1099. And even if wanted to add something it will not allow me.

sugarbear9876543
Returning Member

For the life of me , I can not find anywhere that asks me About  Other miscellaneous expenses   

which are  ,Uniforms , fees, storage , meals , travel etc.

.  I've been trying to do this for days . I am on the free version under deductions and credits .

Please advise.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies