lia_richards

Im an independent contractor

I'm trying to file my 1099-misc, and the questions I'm filling out seem to be geared more towards someone self employed or someone who owns a business. Am I doing this right?

AmyW

Im an independent contractor

Yes, you are filling this out correctly. An independent contractor is considered self employed by the IRS.

When you complete the income and expenses section in TurboTax Self-Employed, all of the information will directly flow into the Schedule C and complete it with the information that you have provided.  

You can find out more about the Schedule C and the different sections by clicking the link below:

https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/tax-tips/Self-Employment-Taxes/Reporting-Self-Employment-Busin... 

Follow the steps below to enter your income and expenses section:

• Sign into your TurboTax online account
  • Click Take me to my return
  • Click Federal Taxes
  • On the Income and Expenses tab, you can enter all income
  • After entering income, or clicking Edit to review income already entered, you can enter all of the expenses that go on the Schedule C

AmyW

Im an independent contractor

• Click Take me to my return
  • Click Federal Taxes