turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Long time TT user. I need the Turbo Tax Self Employed version. I dont want to re enter all data. Can I download software?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DustinTS

Long time TT user. I need the Turbo Tax Self Employed version. I dont want to re enter all data. Can I download software?

If you used the Online version and need to transport the data to the Software version this is how to do so.

• Go to the 2015 Tax Timeline.
  • Scroll to "Some things you can do."
  • Look for a link to "download the .tax2015 data file."  (it may just say "download .tax file")
  • Make note of where you save the file.

Then, if you are using the Mac desktop software, here's how to begin a new 2016 return and transfer in the 2015 data:

1. Launch your 2016 TurboTax program for MAC, and  choose File > New Tax Return.
  2. Select Use a tax return that's on my computer, select your return from the list, and then click Continue.
    • If your file is not listed, make sure you rename it to include the .tax2015 file name extension or click the Find your tax return link to locate the file.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
DustinTS

If you used the Online version and need to transport the data to the Software version this is how to do so.

• Go to the 2015 Tax Timeline.
  • Scroll to "Some things you can do."
  • Look for a link to "download the .tax2015 data file."  (it may just say "download .tax file")
  • Make note of where you save the file.

Then, if you are using the Mac desktop software, here's how to begin a new 2016 return and transfer in the 2015 data:

1. Launch your 2016 TurboTax program for MAC, and  choose File > New Tax Return.
  2. Select Use a tax return that's on my computer, select your return from the list, and then click Continue.
    • If your file is not listed, make sure you rename it to include the .tax2015 file name extension or click the Find your tax return link to locate the file.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies