turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

nykogo

My husband and I prepaid our funeral expenses and got interest. Can we file our 2017 tax return using Deluxe Turbotax or do we need Premier? We received K1s.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

My husband and I prepaid our funeral expenses and got interest. Can we file our 2017 tax return using Deluxe Turbotax or do we need Premier? We received K1s.

If you use the ONLINE version you must use the Premier to enter the K-1 forms unless you skip the K-1 form entry screen and enter the interest in the interest section (if that is the only thing on the K-1) then the Deluxe will work.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

If you use the ONLINE version you must use the Premier to enter the K-1 forms unless you skip the K-1 form entry screen and enter the interest in the interest section (if that is the only thing on the K-1) then the Deluxe will work.

MollsBBU

This will require TurboTax Premier when working in TurboTax Online. 

1. Open your return in TurboTax.  (To do this, sign in to TurboTax and then select the Take me to my return button.)
  2. In your TurboTax program, search for K-1 or K1 (lower-case works, too) and then select the "Jump to" link in the search results.
  3. This will take you to the Schedules K-1 or Q screen.
  4. Answer Yes and follow the prompts.
  5. We’ll ask some questions about your K-1, and then you’ll enter the data from the form into TurboTax.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies