turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

rmmsings
Returning Member

My 2018 TT Business cannot import my information from my 2017 TT Business. How do I save my files from 2017 as a .tax2017 ?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
JulieCo

My 2018 TT Business cannot import my information from my 2017 TT Business. How do I save my files from 2017 as a .tax2017 ?

If you save your 2017 tax return within 2017 TurboTax Business (open the return and select File tab at very top left and then Save), the file should be saved as a tax file.  You may want to note the directory of where it is being saved in case the file can't be found when you open up 2018 TurboTax and state you want to transfer in the 2017 file.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
JulieCo

If you save your 2017 tax return within 2017 TurboTax Business (open the return and select File tab at very top left and then Save), the file should be saved as a tax file.  You may want to note the directory of where it is being saved in case the file can't be found when you open up 2018 TurboTax and state you want to transfer in the 2017 file.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies