Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jhollis12

I got an email saying internet surveillance. How do I find out about this?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

If you purchased TurboTax MAX as an add-on package, IDnotify, a part of Experian, partners with TurboTax to offer Full Identity Restoration and Identity Theft Monitoring services as part of the MAX bundle. IDnotify provides internet surveillance so you would have to contact them for more information. Please review the following link(s) and the link(s) embedded on the webpage(s) for more information:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/5096585

Carlk

I received a similar email. All the links on the email do not work. They only sent me to a page that logged me out of their site... I even went to the actual idnotify site. They're site is garbage and not mobile responsive. How do you trust a company who can't even build a functional website. That's not a big ask but we are talking about a facet of a credit company. 

Me too on the same page, i got an email like below, when i clicked on the link, its says no page found or something, then why did they sent me the email, just to scare me ?

Your TurboTax purchase includes Identity Protection benefits through IDnotify, a part of Experian. IDnotify continuously monitors your personal information and notifies you of any detected suspicious activity.

Below is a summary of any personal identity notifications we sent you this month.

Alert Activity Quantity

Internet Surveillance1

To view each alert in detail,  

Your TurboTax purchase includes Identity Protection benefits through IDnotify, a part of Experian. IDnotify continuously monitors your personal information and notifies you of any detected suspicious activity.

Below is a summary of any personal identity notifications we sent you this month.

Alert Activity Quantity

Internet Surveillance1

As a matter of rule NEVER click on any link from an unsolicited source ... always log into the account thru the company's website ...  look at the answers posted already ... it has the links you need in blue. 

@PrasadB wrote:

Me too on the same page, i got an email like below, when i clicked on the link, its says no page found or something, then why did they sent me the email, just to scare me ?

If you subscribed to ID notify, log into their site directly. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies