turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

hturnbach

My address needed to be changed to pay for my taxes with a US credit card. I'm not sure how to change it back now. Please help.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies
KarenJ
Intuit Alumni

My address needed to be changed to pay for my taxes with a US credit card. I'm not sure how to change it back now. Please help.

If you have entered a foreign address in the MY INFO section then here is the workaround ...

1) go back to the MY INFO section and change the address to the same one the US credit card is registered to

2) complete the FILE tab long enough to pay the TT fees

3) return to the address section of the MY INFO tab and put the actual foreign address back

4) complete the FILE tab again all the way until you can transmit the return.

You can change you address in the MY INFO section on the left hand side of your screen in the black area.  Click on Edit next to your address.
hturnbach

Thanks, Karen - the issue is that I already submitted the return - the process was not clear before I had already done so. Now I can no longer see the 'MY INFO' tab to change this. I'm not sure how to rectify this.
KarenJ
Intuit Alumni

So the address on your return is a US address?
hturnbach

Yes, the home address reads the US address where it should read a Swiss one as that is my permanent residence
KarenJ
Intuit Alumni

Any correspondence from the IRS will go to that address for now.  In the meantime, you need to File Form 8822, Change of Address  with the IRS.  <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f8822.pdf">https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f8822.pdf</a>
hturnbach

How will this impact my taxes and/or status with the IRS? I am a bona fide resident in Switzerland and have been residing abroad since 2012 so it's important that they understand that. Is there any way to retract or amend my return? The only reason I revised the address was to pay TurboTax.
hturnbach

Hello - following up on my response above. Would appreciate some advice on what to do to resolve the issue. Thanks.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies