Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I printed my tax returns out and sent it by mail, how do i know the got it? it still says ready to mail

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I printed my tax returns out and sent it by mail, how do i know the got it? it still says ready to mail

If you didn't mail with any method that has a tracking option such as priority mail or certified return receipt, then you'll just have to wait and see.  I like to use return receipt just for such peace of mind.

If you are a due a Federal refund, then it can take up to 4 weeks for a mailed return to appear in the IRS "Where's My Refund" tool.

If you had Federal tax owed, and enclosed a check, you should know when the check is cashed.

Your TurboTax page will continue to say "ready to mail", since it will never know if you actually printed and mailed it or not.  TurboTax does not mail it for you.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

If you didn't mail with any method that has a tracking option such as priority mail or certified return receipt, then you'll just have to wait and see.  I like to use return receipt just for such peace of mind.

If you are a due a Federal refund, then it can take up to 4 weeks for a mailed return to appear in the IRS "Where's My Refund" tool.

If you had Federal tax owed, and enclosed a check, you should know when the check is cashed.

Your TurboTax page will continue to say "ready to mail", since it will never know if you actually printed and mailed it or not.  TurboTax does not mail it for you.

thank you so much help

You're welcome.  Good luck.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies