turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Where do I mail my injured spouse form 8379 if I live in Michigan

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

If you are filing Form 8379 by itself, and you filed your joint tax return by mail, mail Form 8379 to the same address where you mailed your tax return. If you are filing Form 8379 by itself, you e-filed your joint tax return, and you live in Michigan, mail Form 8379 to the following address.

Department of the Treasury
Internal Revenue Service
Fresno, CA  93888-0002

If you are filing Form 8379 by itself, note the following from the IRS instructions for Form 8379.

"If you file Form 8379 separately, please be sure to attach a copy of all Forms W-2 and W-2G for both spouses, and any Forms 1099 showing federal income tax withholding, to Form 8379. The processing of Form 8379 may be delayed if these forms are not attached, if the form is incomplete when filed, or if you attach a copy of your joint tax return."

View solution in original post

1 Reply
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

If you are filing Form 8379 by itself, and you filed your joint tax return by mail, mail Form 8379 to the same address where you mailed your tax return. If you are filing Form 8379 by itself, you e-filed your joint tax return, and you live in Michigan, mail Form 8379 to the following address.

Department of the Treasury
Internal Revenue Service
Fresno, CA  93888-0002

If you are filing Form 8379 by itself, note the following from the IRS instructions for Form 8379.

"If you file Form 8379 separately, please be sure to attach a copy of all Forms W-2 and W-2G for both spouses, and any Forms 1099 showing federal income tax withholding, to Form 8379. The processing of Form 8379 may be delayed if these forms are not attached, if the form is incomplete when filed, or if you attach a copy of your joint tax return."

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies