If Turbo tax prefills in my 5 digit signature ID does that mean they retrieved it from last year and that is all I need? In that case do I not need my previous year AGI?

Yes, you still need your 2017 Adjusted Gross Income amount. TurboTax should automatically populate your 2017 AGI if it automatically populated you self-select PIN. Otherwise, see How do I find last year’s AGI?

The Self-Select PIN is a random 5-digit number that you enter as your electronic signature when e-filing your return. You could use a new number each year.

When I go through the steps for efiling - I don't see anywhere where it lists or asks for my previous year AGI - there is only a spot where it lists the 5 digit signature ID (prefilled) and birthday (prefilled).  Where would I find where it lists the AGI to make sure it is correct?  

use EITHER  the AGI or PIN. leave the other field empty.
OR
both, but then you risk IRS having the wrong AGI for you.