Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

tysean34

If my wife had another Insurance company last year (2018) and since our marriage she ended her service with them, cause i'm in the navy, how does she file for that?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

If my wife had another Insurance company last year (2018) and since our marriage she ended her service with them, cause i'm in the navy, how does she file for that?

If she had health insurance for all of last year, and it was not a Marketplace plan, then all you need to do is the following:

In your open Federal return, choose the tab Health Insurance.  Then take the following steps:

• On the page Did you all have health insurance coverage in 2018? choose the radio button next to the option  We all had health insurance coverage all year and Continue
  • When you get to the page Was anyone covered by any of these plans in 2018? answer No

If your wife had a Marketplace plan for 2018, then answer Yes and TurboTax will allow you to enter her 1095-A. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply

If she had health insurance for all of last year, and it was not a Marketplace plan, then all you need to do is the following:

In your open Federal return, choose the tab Health Insurance.  Then take the following steps:

• On the page Did you all have health insurance coverage in 2018? choose the radio button next to the option  We all had health insurance coverage all year and Continue
  • When you get to the page Was anyone covered by any of these plans in 2018? answer No

If your wife had a Marketplace plan for 2018, then answer Yes and TurboTax will allow you to enter her 1095-A. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies