Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

ecolombo2

If my state return says it was rejected because of a mistake with the Ohio school district tax section, how can I fix this on the TurboTax website?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

9 Replies
JohnW152
Expert Alumni

If my state return says it was rejected because of a mistake with the Ohio school district tax section, how can I fix this on the TurboTax website?

There has been an issue with SD-100 returns rejecting, and a software update is in the works.

In the meantime, try closing TurboTax, clear your Cache and Cookies, and reopen TurboTax.  Run all available updates, and try submitting again.

See the TurboTax Help article How do I fix a rejected return? for reject guidance.

ecolombo2

This did not work. I continue to get emails saying I must fix the error, but when I log in it says both my federal and state returns have already been submitted and accepted. When is this software update regarding the SD-100 rejections going to be completed? 

ecolombo2

This did not work. I continue to get emails saying I must fix the error, but when I log in it says both my federal and state returns have already been submitted and accepted. When is this software update regarding the SD-100 rejections going to be completed? 

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Do you happen to have any School District Withholdings on your SD100? If not, this should be good to go. Try closing TurboTax, clear your Cache and Cookies, and reopen TurboTax.  Also, make sure you have ran all updates. You can also try a different browser.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
ecolombo2

I do not live in a school district that collects income tax (0.00% rate as listed online, the Ohio Finder website using address). I continue to get emails saying my state return is rejected and I have to fix and re-file, however I am unable to do so online. I review the whole return, hit submit, and it says the return is already filed and accepted. Why won't the error notifications go away? The error was related to the SD-100 for some reason but I didn't even think I had to file one. I selected "I do not live in a school district that collects income tax". I also am not receiving a rejection error code in the emails I am getting. 

Hal_Al
Level 15

ecolombo2

It says my state return will deposit into my account, which lines up with what the TurboTax app is saying (state return accepted) after I review my return. However, the homepage still says return rejected. My question still remains regarding the TT website claiming I have errors that still need resolved and emails continuing to be sent to me. 

Why am I still getting "Critical Reminder" emails to fix my state return and re-file? Why does the website continue to say I must fix my return (in relation to the SD-100, a form I can't even delete using the tools section of the app because its not there)? 

Hal_Al
Level 15

It sounds like all that doesn't matter, but you may want to  contact TurboTax (TT) support:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/turbotax-support/en-us/help-article/account-management/contact-turbotax/L2y9...

ecolombo2

I called support, they reviewed the situation and said it should be good to go. No need to fix the return unless I actually needed to file an SD-100, in which case I would have to print and mail it in. So I believe the situation is resolved and there won't be any issues moving forward.

If you find a reason why the website won't "resolve" my errors, please let me know how to fix this. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies