pisafran

If my DC state tax return (Form d-40B) shows no balance due or refund amount, must I mail the tax return and copies of W-2s, 1099s and other employer's papers?

DanielV01

No, and you don't need to file the return.  Form 40-B is a nonresident request for a refund, because DC does not tax a nonresident.  You are not getting a refund because no tax was withheld, so you really have no tax filing requirement in DC.

DanielV01

KKSinFL

But I have some rental income which I put in Turbo Tax.  The instruction sheet says my D-40B shows no balance due or refund amount.  Then it says to mail my tax return and that it is included in the printout.  But there is no form following that sheet.  What am I to send in?  The financial advisor said I should file a D-40B.