turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

britth56

I keep getting rejected tax return letters, but when I click the link it says all my returns have been accepted. How do I stop these emails?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

14 Replies
YassetG

I keep getting rejected tax return letters, but when I click the link it says all my returns have been accepted. How do I stop these emails?

The email that says they have been accepted, means that the transmittal of the e-file was accepted or received by the IRS, after is received it gets accepted or rejected.

If you still get the emails your return might still be rejected by the IRS. Please log into your TurboTax account and see the reason as to why is being rejected and click on the fix me button. 

britth56

When I click the link in the email that says to "lets fix my return" it says that the my state and federal return were accepted. I have already received my tax return check, so I don't understand why I am receiving these emails.
YassetG

Did you file somewhere else due to your rejection?
britth56

No, I fixed my tax return through TurboTax the same day it was rejected, and it was subsequently accepted. I can post a picture of the screen I see when I log in to see if there is something I am missing.
YassetG

Make sure there is no personal information in your picture. And can I please have the date of your last e-mail?
britth56

how can I post it?
YassetG

If its possible, you can drag and drop.
britth56

No it will not allow me to
YassetG

Okay, Let's try this another way. You said you received your refund. Was it for both Federal and State?
britth56

Yes I have received both of my tax returns!
YassetG

Was your rejection about your social security number?
britth56

Yes, I typed it in wrong the first time I submitted it
YassetG

Oh, okay. Even though you fixed your file by changing the ssn, the system sees the "new" ssn as a new file, and continues to send notification for the old that you just fixed.

I believe the email that you received should say on the bottom under the fix me button, If you have already fixed it disregard. And if you happen to click without disregarding in keeps creating another email. I will submit this issue to our team.

Thank you for reporting it. We appreciate your input and your business.
britth56

There is no note under the button but I will disregard these emails now thank you!
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies