turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

If I remove turbotax from my computer can I reinstall it using the disk? i.e., can the turbotax disc be installed more than once? Thank you

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Rosales

If I remove turbotax from my computer can I reinstall it using the disk? i.e., can the turbotax disc be installed more than once? Thank you

Hello back28tmpj!

Yes, you can certainly use the disk you already have to reinstall TurboTax. Since you have previously installed I'm assuming that you already know the steps required to re-install. Ill be more than happy to provide those steps If required.

Best regards and thank you for using TurboTax!

View solution in original post

14 Replies
Rosales

Hello back28tmpj!

Yes, you can certainly use the disk you already have to reinstall TurboTax. Since you have previously installed I'm assuming that you already know the steps required to re-install. Ill be more than happy to provide those steps If required.

Best regards and thank you for using TurboTax!

Can you please provide the steps?
Tropic968

Please advise how I go about taking Turbotax off this computer.  I have copied my returns.  Want to remove before I dispose of computer.  Thank you,

Cannot figure out how to open 2019 disk.  Have transferred to Applications, on MAC, but keeps telling me to update.  Still will not open to my 2019 taxes. 

LindseyLO
Intuit Alumni

Help with updating has been provided for you by clicking here.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

If I delete the turbo tax program and reinstall it, will I lose the returns I've already started.

No.  The tax returns are in a separate data file ending in .tax or .tax2020 .tax2019 .tax2018, etc. and any pdf files you saved.   If you are on Windows they should be in your Documents in a Turbo Tax folder.  

I have gone through every post and not one provides the answer,.

what a rip.  every time i click on this:

View solution in original post

I receive blank pages.  

fake reply and it is about 2019 taxes not 2021

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

You can install your TurboTax software on up to 5 computers. However, the install method you choose initially (i.e., installing from the disk) is what you will need to use to install on a second computer. 

Can I install TurboTax on more than one computer?

@stalinka6

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I purchaSED CALIFORNIA STATE prep software, but it doesn't work properly (2021) How do I fix it?  

What's wrong with the state?  Did you download and install it?  Have you updated the program?  Go up to Online-Check for Updates.  Are you on Windows or Mac?

MAC user (new to MAC though).

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies