Solved: If I make an electronic payment when I owe money, do I still have to attach 1040v form when mailing IRS or a confirmation of electronic payment is good enough?

If I make an electronic payment when I owe money, do I still have to attach 1040v form when mailing IRS or a confirmation of electronic payment is good enough?

Given that 1040v is for balance due payment via money order or check. Will an electronic payment make 1040v form void? Do we have to attach any other form for electronic payments?

Correct...you do not send in the 1040V if you are paying separately on one of the IRS payment websites.

The IRS computers will match your SSN to the payment SSN.....but keep a copy of your monthly bank or CrdtCd  statement that shows the payment