turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

If I make an electronic payment when I owe money, do I still have to attach 1040v form when mailing IRS or a confirmation of electronic payment is good enough?

Given that 1040v is for balance due payment via money order or check. Will an electronic payment make 1040v form void? Do we have to attach any other form for electronic payments?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

If I make an electronic payment when I owe money, do I still have to attach 1040v form when mailing IRS or a confirmation of electronic payment is good enough?

Correct...you do not send in the 1040V if you are paying separately on one of the IRS payment websites.

The IRS computers will match your SSN to the payment SSN.....but keep a copy of your monthly bank or CrdtCd  statement that shows the payment
____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct...you do not send in the 1040V if you are paying separately on one of the IRS payment websites.

The IRS computers will match your SSN to the payment SSN.....but keep a copy of your monthly bank or CrdtCd  statement that shows the payment
____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies