Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

If i havent received the stimulus payments if im preparing my tax return and it gives me the amount i qualify for will that amount show in my refund amount at the top ?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
DMarkM1
Expert Alumni

If i havent received the stimulus payments if im preparing my tax return and it gives me the amount i qualify for will that amount show in my refund amount at the top ?

Yes. The stimulus amounts you are eligible for will show up as part of your refund amount at the top of the page.  On your tax return it is called a Recovery Rebate Credit.  When you complete the "Federal Review" for the first time the credit is added once you answer the stimulus questions there.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

your stimulus money goes in as "amounts already paid".

after that the usual arithmetic determines your refund or tax due.

Ok so one more question. In that case why would my refund amount still reflect the same amount as before doing the stimulus questions? That amount alone is less than what I am eligible to receive for the stimulus so I know it wasn't added on to the amount.

Because Turbo Tax started out assuming you didn't get any Stimulus payments so it was already figured in.  Your refund can be less because you must owe some tax on your total income.

Check 1040 line 30 for the Recovery rebate credit.  It either adds to your refund or reduced a tax due.  Before filing,  You can preview the 1040 or print the whole return

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/accessing/help/how-do-i-preview-my-turbotax-online-return-before-f...

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies