Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

dorocche

If I have already filled out some of my taxes in the free version, but I have a product key for premier, how do I upgrade without buying it again or starting over?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

If I have already filled out some of my taxes in the free version, but I have a product key for premier, how do I upgrade without buying it again or starting over?

Do you have the 16 digit License Code?  That is for the Desktop CD/Download program.  You can install the program and move your Online return to it without paying for Online.  

To continue in the desktop version see this…….

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/choosing-a-product/help/how-do-i-switch-from-turbotax-online-to-th...

Download the .tax2023 file for free

How do I save my TurboTax Online return as a tax data file?

After you get the program installed the first thing to do before you open your tax return .tax file is to update the program and install any state programs you had. Then open your file. So you first might need to start a fake return to be able to download the state program (go to FILE - NEW).  Just enter some basic personal info like your name and address then click on the State tab at the top and it should ask if you want to download the state program.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies