If I did not receive my 1095-A form after several phone calls but I have all the info from that form, can I file my tax return anyway?

downtownsb

JohnW15

It’s really not a good idea to file without Form 1095-A.  If you enrolled in coverage through the Marketplace, you’ll need the information on Form 1095-A to complete Form 8962 to reconcile any advance payments of the premium tax credit, or claim the premium tax credit, and to file a complete and accurate tax return.  The information on the documentation you have may be incorrect or incomplete.

The IRS advises that if you’re expecting to receive a Form 1095-A, wait to file your 2017 income tax return until you receive that form.  For tax year 2017, the deadline for the Marketplace to provide Form 1095-A is January 31, 2018, so you should hopefully get the form soon.

If you haven’t tried these resources already, go to HealthCare.gov or your state Marketplace website and log into your Marketplace account to try and find your information.