• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
regalmar16

If I did not file any taxes for a previous year can I file my 1098-T forms for those years?

8 Replies
Ashby

If I did not file any taxes for a previous year can I file my 1098-T forms for those years?

You can file older year returns if you did not file for those years. And, you could amend your returns if you did file.

regalmar16

The thing is that my university just issued them to me. I cannot include them into my 2018 files?
Ashby

I actually misunderstood your initial question. I apologize, you can file older year returns if you did not file for those years. And, you could amend your returns if you did file.
regalmar16

Oh no worries at all! So, do I just amend the ones for this year and file those forms? I have my 1098-T from 2016 and 2017.
Ashby

Not exactly - You will amend 2018 to include the 2018 form.
Ashby

If you filed for 2016 or 2017, you will need to amend each one of those to include the year-appropriate form.
Ashby

If you have not filed for those years, you can just file an original return for those years.
regalmar16

Okay perfect, so just start a new file for those years. How can I do that?
Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings
v