turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

My husband is a truck driver and has an LLC. Should he pay quarterly taxes? If so, how does he estimate income?

If he only received money from the corporation once a year, yes, for TAX purposes it would be okay with that (if he received money throughout the year, that would not work).  HOWEVER, as I pointed out, it may be illegal from the Department of Labor's viewpoint.

My husband is a truck driver and has an LLC. Should he pay quarterly taxes? If so, how does he estimate income?

Hello. I also need clarification on a similar matter. My husband is also a truck driver. He doesn’t have his own truck - his current employer hired him and is to pay him with 1099 (not W2). So my husband is like self-employed? He is planning on registering LLC. I read he need to report taxes quarterly, and do an estimate. So far we have always filed joint return but he wasn’t working and I have W2. How are we to file jointly, when he will have LLC? What about state taxes - are they to be filed where the LLC is registered? Apologies if I’m just scrambling on topics.. Thank you.

@arangelova77  wrote:
Hello. I also need clarification on a similar matter. My husband is also a truck driver. He doesn’t have his own truck - his current employer hired him and is to pay him with 1099 (not W2). So my husband is like self-employed? He is planning on registering LLC. I read he need to report taxes quarterly, and do an estimate. So far we have always filed joint return but he wasn’t working and I have W2. How are we to file jointly, when he will have LLC? What about state taxes - are they to be filed where the LLC is registered? Apologies if I’m just scrambling on topics.. Thank you.

See https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/taxes/discussion/truck-driver-taxes/01/823776

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies