Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the W-4! >> Event happening TOMORROW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Bmeehan
Returning Member

Ibonds not working

Has anyone been able to direct a refund to the purchase of iBonds.  On the File, Your Refund info (Step 2) after you enter the information for purchasing ibonds it returns you to the beginning of Step 2 and your can't advance to the step 3 "Get ready to Date and file your returns".

I have twice called customer support and they say it is a problem and will escalate it to technical support, and that i work receive a case number via email, and all I receive is email saying the case is closed.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies
Bmeehan
Returning Member

Ibonds not working

I have found a work around for this:

I had previously directed that my refund balance above $5000 be applied to next years taxes, leaving a refund balance of $5000.  Once I removed the redirection of the amount above $5000 to next years taxes, I was able to purchase the $5000 in iBonds and have the remainder direct deposited into my checking account.

I have contacted customer support to have them:

• Reopen the case
  • Add the above information to the case.
  • Contact me when this is resolved

I will post the results of the above.

Bmeehan
Returning Member

Ibonds not working

I've given up.  Below is the response from technical support.  They have my contact information, and I could have shown them it happening.  They couldn't be bothered.

Hello,

Thanks for letting us know about your issue with not being able to finish your taxes. We apologize for any inconvenience this caused.

We appreciate your patience while we looked into your issue. After investigating the issue, we found that we were unable to replicate the issue.

If you’re still having trouble or there’s something else we can help you with, feel free to give us a call.

Thank you,

The TurboTax Help Team

LindseyLO
Intuit Alumni

Ibonds not working

We are happy that you found a workaround. If you would like us to take a second look at it, please provide a token number. Thanks!

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
grezek

Ibonds not working

still an issue  3/26/2022

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

Ibonds not working

For further assistance with this matter, please reach out to us directly using the Help Article here.  This ensures you will get to the correct department as quickly as possible. 

@grezek

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
caryoirs

Ibonds not working

Got a refund check in the mail today.  THE PROBLEM IS .....IT'S A CHECK AND NOT THE $ 5,000. I-BOND I REQUESTED.  There is a software problem that not only does not allow you to get up to $5k in I-Bonds at 9.7% int...............I have to pay income tax on my return next year.  ITS A SOFTWARE ISSUE WITH TURBO TAX

i

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies